The Islander Foundation, established in April of 2005 is a non-profit fundraising program benefiting DeLaSalle High School’s students, families, and programs. The Islander Foundation allows participating members to submit a grant request for consideration to offset fees and expenses associated with attending DeLaSalle.
For more information about Islander Foundation, please view the program manual. To arrange a fundraising opportunity for your family or DeLaSalle group, please contact Carlos Villagomez, 612.676.7607.
Fundraising through Islander Foundation
The Islander Foundation supports DeLaSalle with this excellent fundraising program! DeLaSalle students and family members volunteer operating concession services at various sports venues in the Twin Cities, including Target Center, Target Field, the University of Minnesota, U.S. Bank Stadium, and Xcel Energy Center. For the volunteers’ service, these businesses contribute to the Islander Foundation.
For more information about Islander Foundation, please view the program manual. To paricipate at a fundraising opportunity for your family or DeLaSalle group, please contact Carlos Villagomez, 612.676.7607.
On Campus Volunteer Opportunities
The Islander Foundation provides opportunities to volunteer at on-campus sporting and school events.
- DeLaSalle SPORTING events include work at the concession/school store stand, as ticket takers, set-up/take down and clean up, and as parking attendants.
- DeLaSalle SCHOOL events include work as parking attendants, set-up/take down and clean up.
Any registered DeLaSalle student between the ages of 13-19 may sign up to volunteer an on-campus Islander Foundation event. There is no required advanced training for these “student volunteers.”
Some on-campus Islander Foundation events may be reserved only for “adult volunteers.” Adult volunteers who meet these criteria may be selected to volunteer at on-campus events:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must not be a current DeLaSalle student.
- Must complete TEAM or TIPS training.
- Volunteers are strongly encouraged to complete the Target Field/DNC training – please email the Director of the Islander Foundation for instructions.
- Volunteers are strongly encouraged to complete the Xcel Energy Center on line training – please email the Director of the Islander Foundation for instructions.
Scheduling for Islander Foundation events is done online on the Islander Foundation Calendar webpage. Prior to volunteering any Islander Foundation shifts, all volunteers need to complete and submit a Membership Form. Members must also complete any training requirements.
Click the following link to register for an Islander Foundation event.